Sunday 13 October 2013

What Next?

So what next I ask myself? The target of achieving 1000 book sales seems a very long way off now. Sales have trailed off over recent months and I must admit I am at a loss of what else I can do to generate sales. Sales currently stand at 270 which has been a great achievement and the support out there has been magnificent, but it has now been 6 weeks since a copy was sold. I could of course do another free book promotion, which is good for the sales stats, but will not benefit the charity. So the book is going through a challenging period, but I am not quite ready to throw the towel in yet, although it does make me question whether there is an appetite out there for a second book? I have an idea in mind if I do go down that route, but I will not make any decision on that yet. I will keep pushing the book and will try and come up some fresh marketing strategies. All suggestions on that score are most welcome.

I am determined to continue to support the Beating Bowel Cancer charity though, and with that in mind plans are forming for the next fundraising venture in 2014 when I will hopefully be joined by a few friends to walk up a mountain. Mount Snowdon in September is looking like the favourite at this stage, but don't rule out Ben Nevis either...

No comments:

Post a Comment