Tuesday 23 April 2013

World Book Night

I was wondering what I could do with the book to join in with World Book Night on April 23rd. I have to admit that I was unaware of this event until my friend and edit-in-chief Jo let me know about it. The idea is to give out books and encourage reading in those who usually will do anything they can to avoid reading a good book. Not only that it is about people and reaching out to others and touching lives in the simplest of ways, through the sharing of stories. If nothing else with its stories about the photos and in helping to raise bowel cancer awareness the book has certainly succeeded in touching and connecting with people.

The challenge for me is to actually give the book away for free! After all the main purpose of the book is to raise money for the Beating Bowel Cancer charity, and giving it away for free won't do that. But in the bigger picture if in this instance I focus on the raising awareness factor then I believe that it is a good idea. Maybe anyone who does take advantage of the opportunity to get hold of it for nothing may consider making a small donation to the justgiving page?

The free give away of the kindle version of the book will begin at approx. 8:00am UK time on April 24th and will last for just 24 hours so don't miss out... Please share this information with as many people as possible and let's hope for a successful 4 hours in the life of the book. Happy World Book Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment