Thursday 7 August 2014

Sir Steve Redgrave


The latest big name to come on board the book is Sir Steve Redgrave, and I had the pleasure of meeting up with him in Marlow this week. This is great for the profile of the new book, and it will also be a particularly interesting chapter to write with my late father's rowing background. He was an absolute gent and was happy to stay and have an 30 minute chat where we covered all types of stuff. It was really interesting to know how many names from the world of rowing we shared from his days of rowing at Marlow, and my association with Maidenhead Rowing Club through my dad. He was happy to pose with the Beating Bowel Cancer tie smartly tied to his statue :)

So the quest for more people continues, and I am still hoping to try and get Matthew Pinsent to come on board, which would really be the icing on the cake in terms of rowing. I still have Alan Davies, Freya North and Kirsty Duffy to do, and I still have a few irons in the fire.

I would also love to get an English cricketer to tale part. My own choice would be Michael Vaughan the former England captain, but so far my efforts to get him have been in vain. In anyone would like to join me in trying to persuade him to take part, please let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment